Table of Contents
- Manage Users in Your Account
- Create a New User
- View User Information
- Edit Users
- Delete Users
- View or Edit Your User Profile
- Change Your Password
Managing Users in Your Account
Click the gear icon in the top right of the page, then find and click Users.
You should now see a table listing all of the users in your Account. This is where you can manage your users, including how to:
Creating a New User
All required fields appear with a red asterisk.
Click Create User at the top of the page.
This will bring you to a page where you can configure a new user.
For general configuration, start by selecting the Department(s) for this user. For more information on Departments, see "How to Create a Department."
- Partner Admin - see Additional information for partners
- Partner Consultant - see Additional information for partners
- Account Admin - Full admin access within the account.
- Department Admin - Admin access within the department (subset of sites within account). Create and edit permission across the entire portal. This permission level can only create "Department Viewer" users.
- Department Viewer - Limited access. View permission for dashboards, reports and alerts. Cannot view or edit Site, Department or Account-level configuration. This permission level cannot create users.
Enter a Username. Usernames must:
- Be 20 characters or less
- Contain only uppercase or lowercase letters, numbers, and underscores.
Enter a Password for the account. Passwords must:
- Be at least eight characters.
- Contain at least one uppercase letter.
- Contain at least one number.
Enter a valid Email address. This is the address that will receive general notifications from Blue Triangle.
Finally, click Save to create the user profile. The new user will now appear in the table.
Note: the Tag Management and Security Admin permissions are used specifically for the Tag & Content Governance and Services & CSP Management modules in Blue Triangle. A Tag Management Admin can approve Service Security Applications (SSA's) from vendors, approve domains, revoke domains, and promote CSP's to production. A Security Admin can approve Service Security Applications (SSA's) submitted from vendors, approve domains, revoke domains, and remove domains or services from white lists.
Additional information for Partners
If you're a partner with Blue triangle you'll notice you have a little bit different access than the typical customer account logins. Partner logins (Partner Admin and Partner Consultant) are able to see all of the accounts created under their partner, and may perform all of the tasks of an Account Admin for any of those accounts.
Partner Admins and Partner Consultants have very similar privileges, with the main difference being Partner Admins are the only ones that can create other partner-level users and manage their Roles.
Partner-level users may additionally have one or both of the following Roles:
- Account & Site Creator/Editor - Allows a user to create new customer accounts under their partner. This role also allows the user to edit and approve contracts.
- Contract Manager - Allows a user to edit and submit contracts for approval.
Viewing User Information
Click the eye icon beside a user in the table to see the configuration for that particular user.
Click the pencil icon beside a user in the table to get to the "Update User" page for that user.
This page contains the same configuration options as the "Create User" page (see "Creating a New User" above for configuration details) with the exception of the "password" field.
To save changes, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
Click the trashcan icon beside a user in the table to delete that user. A dialogue box will appear asking you to confirm the deletion. Click "yes" if you are sure you would like to delete that user.
Deleting a user is permanent. Once deleted, the user will no longer be able to access the Portal unless a new profile is created for them.
For temporary removal of access, set the status of the user to "Disabled" (see "Editing Users" for more).
There cannot be more than one user per email address, but once a user is deleted, the e-mail address associated with the former user can again be used in the creation of a new one.
View or Edit Your User Profile
Click on the profile tab in the top right of the screen, then select "View/Edit Profile" from the dropdown.
Change Your Password
To change your password, simply edit your profile and modify the password field. The change will take effect immediately. Note passwords must be at least eight characters long, contain at least one capital letter and one number.