Users with Slack can setup an integration with their alerts which will send alert messages to a specific Slack Channel. Slack has provided an app called ‘Incoming Webhooks’ which allows third parties to send messages to configured Slack Channels.
In this guide, learn:
- How to add the Incoming Webhooks app to Slack
- How to create a new webhook to link to your Slack Channel
- How to add a webhook to an Alert
How to add the Incoming Webhook app to Slack
1. Log in to Slack and enter ‘Incoming Webhooks’ into the search bar.
2: Click ‘Install’ to add the Incoming Webhooks app to Slack.
How to create a new webhook to link to your Slack Channel
1. Click ‘Add Configuration’ to add a new webhook.
2. Select the desired Slack channel from the dropdown menu.
3. Copy the Webhook URL from the new configuration. This will be the URL you will add to your alert.
How to add a webhook to an Alert
1. On the ‘Manage – Alerts’ page, click the edit icon for your alert.
2. Add the Webhook URL into the ‘Slack Integration’ text box and save the alert.
Please sign in to leave a comment.