Maintenance Windows are defined periods of time where alerts are muted. For example this could include a range of time where your site is down for scheduled maintenance, or overnight when site traffic may be significantly lower.
In this article, learn:
How to Create a Maintenance Window
- Go to the Maintenance Windows page.
- Click the Alerts icon in the left navigation. Then click Maintenance Windows.
- Click Create Maintenance Window.
- Enter a name for the Maintenance Window, choose the days of the week it should be in effect, and set the time range. You can also modify the timezone for this window if necessary.
- Select which alert types to pause during the Maintenance Window - Real User and/or Synthetic - and also choose whether to pause synthetic measurements during this time.
- Finally, click Save as New to finish.
You have now created a maintenance window! Next you'll want to apply it to your alerts' configuration for it to go into effect.
How to Apply a Maintenance Window to an Alert
- On the Alerts page, edit an alert by clicking the pencil icon.
- Navigate to the ‘Schedule’ section of the alert by clicking the ‘Next’ button located on the bottom right the Edit Alert screen.
- Select the Maintenance Window to apply to this alert from the drop-down menu. Multiple maintenance windows can be assigned.
- Last, click Next and then Finish to update the alert.
You're all set! This alert is now configured to remain muted during your maintenance window.