Learn how to set up real user paths for the Performance Path dashboard widget to monitor key metrics from a user-defined path of real users and compare it to previous days to see how your site is stacking up against historical data.
In this guide, learn how to:
- Create real user paths for the Performance Path dashboard widget
- Create the Performance Path dashboard widget
How to Create a Real User Path
- Go to the Settings gear icon on the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to Other Configurations, and click Real User Paths.
- This will take you to the Real User Paths Page, where you click the Create Path button to get started
- Alternatively, you could go to one of your custom dashboards and select +Widget, then choose Performance Path from the Widget Type drop-down menu.
- Name the path
- Name the first step, and assign page groups and/or page names, then click “Add Step” to add your first step
- Repeat step 3 until you have finished defining your path, then click “Create” to create your path
How to Add the Performance Path Dashboard Widget
- Add the path to a dashboard widget
- From there, change the Widget type to “Performance Path”, then click on the select your path name from the Path Name drop-down, then select which metrics to view on the panel, and click “Add Widget”