Analyze behavior from new and return visitors separately so you can answer questions like:
- Are my return visitors converting at a higher rate?
- Do new visitors spend more time researching products than return visitors?
- Are my remarketing efforts paying off?
In this guide, learn:
Analyzing New vs Return Visitors in Custom Reports & Data Science
- Navigate to Data Science Insights.
- Click "+ New Custom Graph"
- Select "Real User"
- Select a graph type
For this example, let's select "Line Graph".
- Choose "Visitor Type" under "Group Lines By"
- The "Visitor Type" field will appear. Select both New Visitors and Returning Visitors.
- Now select the metric you'd like to track. There are 15+ to choose from!
For this example, let's select "Conversion Rate".
- Select "Next" if you'd like to further filter the analysis.
- Select "Go" to run the analysis.
See the data broken out by visitor type in graphical and tabular formats.
- In this example, returning visitors convert at a 3.80% higher rate.