In this guide, learn how to use
- the Site Availability Graph
- the Performance Details Graph and Cards
- the Performance Graph
- the Page View Scatter Plots
- the Performance Breakdown Charts
The Synthetic Performance Detail page enables you to analyze your synthetic data both at a high-level glance and all the way down to individual page measurements.
Site Availability Over Time
- The graph at the top shows site availability trended over time for the given pages or synthetic scripts you have selected.
- You’ll be able to tell what kind of errors are occurring given the lines for 400 and 500 series errors, timeouts, and others.
The bar graph and the cards here show you the high-level overview of metrics during the time period selected- in this case, the past 24 hours.
- You can click a card in the right to update the bar graph on the left.
Moving down the screen we see the Performance Graph.
- This shows all of your metrics trended across the time period.
- You can click each metric in the legend to enable or disable the metrics in the graph.
- To see this data in a table click the button below to Toggle the Performance Table.
Below there are two scatter plots.
- The scatter plot to the left shows the timings for each synthetic measurement taken.
- Notice the time-frame in the scatter plot corresponds to the shaded region in the performance graph above.
- Click a different section of the graph to see the measurements during that time frame below.
- Clicking a point in the scatter plot to the left allows you to drill in to that measurement for more detail.
- The scatter plot to the right shows you each page in that measurement, whether it’s just a single-page hit or multi-page script.
- Clicking the point in the right scatter plot opens more detail below.
Below that we have more graphs and information for the measurement.
- By default you will see the object level detail waterfall.
- You can also view other related graphs by choosing between the options on the tabs below.
- The Domain Level Activity Graph shows a waterfall for the total time each domain was loading during the page view.
- The Object Activity by Domain graph shows a bar graph for the total time each domain spent loading during the page view.
- Next we have the HAR file, headers and cookies, a screenshot, filmstrip and console log.
- Note all the graphs can be viewed as tables and exported to csv.
- Also, notice in the scatter plots that squares indicate a screenshot is available for that measurement and the diamonds indicate both a screenshot and filmstrip are available.
As always, you can change the time period for the page at the top, and if you want to filter down the data by script name or page name or agent location, you can do all of that and more by clicking the filter icon in the top right.