In this video, learn how to
- use the error tracking and performance widget
- use the performance by geography widget
- use the performance overview table
- use the performance breakdown widget
- filter your data
- customize the page
The Synthetic Performance Overview screen is a dashboard and by default it is showing your synthetic data for the past 6 hours.
Error Tracking and Performance Widget
- This widget lists each of your enabled synthetic monitors, and to the right shows a RED and GREEN bar depicting the availability for each monitor over the look-back period.
- You can hover over the bar to get a quick look at performance and you also determine what error may be occurring.
- By default the performance trend is for onload, but you can change that up to the right using the dropdown. Also, on the right, click the gear icon to modify the height of each row and control the space between each row to custom fit your dashboard.
Performance by Geography
- This is a global heat map of performance.
- From the legend to the left we can see the darkest green is optimal performance and the darker red is the worst performance.
- Click into a region to expand the graph and view the performance for the sub-regions.
Performance Overview Table
- Click the Blue Triangle icon next to a page and you’ll have options to link to other areas of the portal with that page selected for analysis.
- You can export this graph using the button in the top right of the table.
- Here you will see a graph for Country, Region, and Browser.
- You can view the data in a graph or table by clicking the graph and table icons in the top right.
- In each graph, you can click the legend items to hide and show different metrics in the graph.
- To change lookback time, use the selector in the top left of the page.
- To change the filtering for the page, click the filter icon in the top right to view the full list of filters options.
- Also, you can customize your view by clicking and dragging any of the widgets. Click the x icon in the top right of any widget to hide that widget entirely from the view. This places it in the panel to the side.
- You can hide the side panel by clicking the minus icon above.
- To show hidden widgets, simply click the plus icon, then click and drag the widget back into the dashboard view.
- Also, to revert the page to the system default, click the button in the top right “Reset Widgets.”