In this video, learn how to
- use the error tracking and performance widget
- use the performance by geography widget
- use the performance overview table
- use the performance breakdown widget
- filter your data/customize the page
Table of Contents
The Synthetic Performance Overview page is a dashboard containing four widgets displaying an overview of performance and availability for each of your active synthetic monitors. The default lookback period for this report is the last 6 hours, however the time period can be selected in the top right corner of the page.
Error Tracking and Performance Widget:
- This widget lists each enabled synthetic monitors for your site. The bars will appear red, green, or yellow bar depending on the the availability for each monitor over the chosen look-back period.
- Hovering over the bar allows you to get a quick look at performance and some additional information as to what error may be occurring.
- The default metric for the Performance Trend is Onload, but you are able to select your desired displayed metric in the left side dropdown menu. Additionally, on the right, the gear icon allows you to modify the height of each row and control the space between each row to custom fit your dashboard.
Performance by Geography:
- This is a global heat map of performance for the selected metric.
- From the legend to the left we can see the darkest green is optimal performance and the darker red is the worst performance.
- Click a region to expand the graph and view the performance for the sub-regions.
Performance Overview Table:
- Click the three dots to the right of Page Name and a menu will appear that will link to other areas of the Blue Triangle portal that the selected page is being used for analysis.
- You are able to export this table as a CSV, TSV, JSON, or an Array using the 'Export' button to the top right of the table.
- This widget allows you to view the performance breakdown for you selected metric(s) by Country, Agent Location, or Browser. This option is made available by clicking the tabs in the top left of this widget.
- You are able to toggle any of the performance metrics by clicking any of the names in the top of the graph. Each metric chosen will be added as a different colored bar in the graph.
- Toggle the data from table or graph with the icons in the top right of each relevant widget.
- To select a specific lookback period, use the selector to the top left of the page (red arrow in image).
- To change the chosen filters for the page, click the filter icon in the top right to view the full list of available filters options (indicated by the red square in the above image).
- Also, you can customize your view by clicking and dragging any of the widgets. Click the x icon in the top right of any widget to hide that widget entirely from the view. This will place it in the panel to the side.
Example of a hidden widget:
- To show hidden widgets, simply click the plus icon, then click and drag the widget back into the dashboard view.
- Also, to revert the page to the system default, click the button in the top right “Reset Widgets.”