In this guide, learn how to:
The “Synthetic Site Health” preconfigured dashboard provides you with insight into the availability of your site / app and high-level metrics, as well as drill down capabilities into scripting errors.
How to Use and Edit the Synthetic Site Health Dashboard
- Click the Dashboard button in the main left-hand navigation. For some users, this left-hand navigation may be collapsed, but the dashboard icon will still be visible. By default, your account will have access to a few preconfigured dashboards. In this guide we will discuss the “Synthetic Site Health” dashboard.
- There are two ways to switch between your dashboards:
- Click the drop-down in the top left of the dashboard page.
- Or, open the Dashboard Manager by clicking the wrench icon, then click the eye icon next to the dashboard you'd like to view.
- To filter the data, click the Filter icon on the top right of the screen.. This will open a menu where you can apply any number of criteria to filter on. Click Apply to reload the dashboard with the new filters.
- The two widgets in the top left provide an overview of key metrics for your site / app along with its availability and number of errors.
- The bottom two widgets show the synthetic script timings. Clicking a scatter plot point on the left loads a screenshot for that measurement and allows you to drill down into the individual pages for the script on the right. Clicking a scatter plot point on the right opens a new widget below with more information including the object level detail waterfall, HAR file and film strip.
- Once you click a scatter plot point in the right, the dashboard will pause so you can analyze the data. From here you have a few options: Continue the auto-refresh functionality of the dashboard, show or hide the detailed data, or drill into the data further on the Performance Detail page of the portal. This will open the new page with all of your same filter criteria applied.