The Service Profiles page allow you to configure site-specific settings that are associated with an individual service. Each Service Profile contains information pertaining to business or contract details, such as Business Owners, Technical Contacts, and Service-Level Agreements (SLA's). SLA's must be configured to use the SLA Overview page.
In this guide, learn:
- View Service Profiles associated with your account or site
- Configure a Service Profile
- Configure a Service-Level Agreement linked with a profile
- Create an SLA
- Edit and SLA
View Service Profiles associated with your account or site
To begin, click on Tag & Content Governance -- Service Profiles. If you cannot see this link, you do not have access to this page and should contact an administrator.
On the Service Profiles page, you can click the Account Profiles tab to look at all profiles created for your account, or you can click the Site Profiles tab to look at all profiles created for your site. If there are no profiles configured at the Site level, services will inherit profiles from the Account level. Account Profiles are visible for all sites that are part of your account.
There can only be one profile for a single service at each level (Account or Site). For example, there can be two profiles associated with the same service, but only if one is an Account Profile and the other is a Site Profile.
You can create a new profile, edit or delete existing profiles, or click the Tag & Content Governance Library button to view all services for your account or site.
Configure a Service Profile
To create a new profile, click the Create Service Profile button. To edit an existing profile, click the pencil icon next to the profile you wish to reconfigure. To delete an existing profile, click the trash can icon next to the profile you wish to delete.
When creating or editing a profile, you will be redirected to a configuration page.
- Select a Service for which you would like to configure a profile (e.g. Google, Facebook, PayPal, etc.). If the service you wish to select does not appear in the drop-down list, clicking the Add Service button will redirect you to the Service Profiles Library configuration page.
- Enter a Profile Name, Business Owner, Technical Contract, and Department. You can also specify a Sub Department, Status,or Rating for the profile if desired.
- Select which configuration you would like to save the profile as by selecting either Account Configuration or Site Configuration. This will determine whether the profile exists on the Account or Site level, respectively.
- Verify that all information is correct. If you are configuring a new profile, click the Create Profile button to save the new Service Profile. If you are editing an existing profile, click the Update Profile button to save the reconfigured Service Profile. You can also click the Back button to cancel configuration and return to the previous page.
- When your profile has been successfully created, you will be prompted to create a Service-Level Agreement (SLA). If you click NO, you will be redirected to the previous page. If you click YES, the SLA section will become visible for you to configure a Service-Level Agreement linked to your profile.
Configure a Service-Level Agreement linked with a profile
To configure a Service-Level Agreement (SLA), you must be editing an existing or recently created Service Profile. Below the profile section, you will see a section for configuring SLAs. If there are already SLAs configured for the profile, you may see a table listing SLAs and a button to toggle that table. For information about interacting with this table, skip to step 15.
- Click the External tab to create an External SLA or the Internal tab to create an Internal SLA. External SLAs have no relation to Internal SLAs, and Internal SLAs have no relation to External SLAs.
- Enter an SLA Name and specify an Effective Date & Expiration Date. If this is an ongoing SLA, check the No Expiration box and select a single date. If this SLA does expire, uncheck the No Expiration box and select a range of dates.
*SLAs of the same type (External or Internal) and with the same SLA Filter Group cannot overlap within 4 hours of each other.
- To apply a set of filters to an SLA, select an SLA Filter Group. If you want to apply the site default filters, select “Default SLA Group”. If this site’s “Default SLA Group” has not been modified, no filters will be applied. The “Default SLA Group” cannot be deleted.
- To create a new filter group, click the Add SLA Filter Group button. To modify the selected filter group, click the Edit SLA Filter Group button. To delete the selected filter group, click the Delete SLA Filter Group button.
- Adding or editing a filter group will pop up a screen for filter configuration. Enter an SLA Filter Group Name and select whichever filter you want to apply. Scroll to the bottom and click the Save button to create or update the filter group.
After selecting the SLA Filter Group,enter the Conditions for your SLA. You must have at least one condition, and you can specify as many conditions as you would like. You can remove or add conditions with the - and + buttons, respectively. Each condition must contain:
- Condition Name
- Resource Type & Name
- Aggregation Method
Enter a Condition Name, and select either “File” or “Wildcard” for the Resource Type. If “File” is selected, choose from the list of file names. If “Wildcard” is selected, manually enter a string that allows special characters to identify multiple resources.
*WARNING: Using numerous wildcards may lead to unpredictable results.
Wildcards can be used to select one or more files that adhere to specified matching patterns. An asterisk (*) can be inputted to select one or more characters, while a question mark (?) can be inputted to represent only one character. To select a single file, input its name with no special characters (btt.gif). To select all files with the same name regardless of type, input an asterisk in place of the file extension (btt.*). To select all files of one type, input an asterisk in place of the file name (*.js). To select ALL files, input an asterisk for both the file name and extension (*.*).
- Select either “Average”, “Minimum”, or “Maximum” for the Aggregation Method. Average uses the Statistical Method (Arithmetic Mean, Geometric Mean, or Percentile) applied by the SLA Filter Group, which by default is Arithmetic Mean.\
- Select either “Duration”, “Start Time”, or “File Size” for the Metric. Duration and Start Time will require a value in milliseconds. File Size will require a value in kilobytes.
- Select an Operator for the Condition to use.
- Enter a Value in the respective units dependent on the Metric.
- Once you have added all desired conditions, verify that all information is correct. If you are configuring a new Service-Level Agreement, click the Create New SLA button to save the new SLA. If you are editing an existing SLA, click the Update SLA button to save the reconfigured SLA. If you want to restart the SLA configuration process, click the Reset button and begin again from step 1. You can also click the Back button to cancel configuration and return to the previous page.
- Once the Service-Level Agreement has been saved, the configuration will reset. A table detailing your SLAs will become visible, as well as a toggle button to hide or show the table. If there were already SLAs configured, the newly saved SLA will appear on the table where appropriate. External SLAs will not appear in the Internal tab, and Internal SLAs will not appear in the External tab.
- To edit a saved SLA, click the pencil icon next to the SLA you want to update. To delete a saved SLA, click the trash can icon next to the SLA you want to delete.
- To create another Service-Level Agreement, you can restart the configuration process from step 1. If the next SLA is of the same type (External or Internal) and has the same SLA Filter Group, the EffectiveDate cannot overlap within 4 hours of the previous SLA’s Effective Date & Expiration Date. If the previous SLA does not expire and a new SLA is saved, the previous SLA’s Expiration Date is set to 4 hours before the new SLA’s Effective Date.