Table of Contents
- Where to Find the RUM Performance Detail Page
Real-User Monitoring allows you to see how real-life users are experiencing your website in real time. The Performance Detail page gives in-depth insights into key performance metrics for different pages, as well as page-view-by-page-view and session-by-session analysis.
Where to Find the RUM Performance Detail Page
This page is available through the left-side navigation menu under Real User Monitoring, Real Browser.
Once one or more pages have been selected in the filter (see above), the Performance Details by Page bar chart will populate at the top of the page. This chart is interlinked with all other data displays on the page.
Any one of these selections will change the way Performance Details are displayed in the cards to the right of the bar chart. These cards are clickable too. While the default selection is for Page Onload, selecting any of the other metrics will change the vertical axis in the Performance Details bar chart to the left to the selected performance metric.
Switch between Combined Pages Average and Total Pages Duration using the button at the bottom left of the Performance Details by Page Graph.
The Page Timings Over Time graph sits beneath the Performance Details by Page section, but they are interlinked. Selecting any of the three page-view options (Combined Pages Average, Total Pages Duration, or selecting a bar in the bar graph) changes which page or pages are trended in the graph.
Hovering over the graph will give you performance metrics at specific time intervals (either minutes, hours, or days, toggled by Bucket Size in the filter) along the trend line.
To see the data in a table format, select your desired format using the button to the right of the the graph (see above). The data is sorted by number of page views as a default. Click on any column header to sort by that variable.
The Page Views Scatter Plot is linked to the Page Timings Over Time graph above it. The window of time shown in the scatter plot corresponds to the vertical highlighted section of the Page Timings graph. Page views with associated object-level detail appear as triangles. Page views without object-level detail appear as circles.
Clicking any of the data points will allow you to view a Performance Breakdown, All Page Views, and Performance Measurement Details for that plot point. The Performance Breakdown will appear in a waterfall chart beneath the scatter plot. This chart displays information about:
- Page-level performance timings
- The name of the page being viewed and the site name
- The browser version used to view the page
- The location where the user accessed the page
- The time of the page view
- The IP address of the user viewing the page
- The URL of the page viewed
There is a detailed explanation of the RUM Session Lookup page available here.
To select a particular time period or set of pages in RUM Performance Detail, click on the filter icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
All of the filters on this page are optional. However, to compare specific pages, more than one page name has to be chosen in the Page Name filter.
- A maximum of fifty page names may be chosen.
- If your site has fewer than fifty page names, click "Select All" in the drop-down to compare all of the individual page's performance metrics for your site.
- If your site has more than fifty pages, only fifty may be selected at a time for comparison.
- The default view is to look at the aggregate data for all pages, which occurs when no page names have been selected in the filter. In this view, the performance metrics are averaged across all pages on the site.
Click Apply to save your changes.